Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little late, butt...


(Left to right, back to front: Geoffroy, Mayalise, Ann, Veronique, Ingrid, Claire, Me.)

Last weekend, Ingrid visited me, my family, and Nantes. She chose the right weekend to come, as it was also my host mother (Veronique)'s birthday. For her birthday, the two daughters, Ann and Mayalise (neither of whom live in Nantes) also visited, and the entire family, sans Ingrid et moi, went to an 8-hour play on Saturday afternoon.
Glorious.
Instead, Ingrid and I went out with my friends, celebrating the Grinnell College tradition that is 10/10, which includes maybe drinking a little too much and 'creating community,' or something along those lines. She met all my friends, and we went out to eat at a Tex-Mex inspired resturant called, "The Ranch," where the waitresses don't wear bras and the heads of dead animals decorate the walls.

The next morning, we woke up, had an incredible lunch, and then sent Ingrid off, back to Tours. This upcoming weekend: Paris.
(left to right, back to front: Geoffroy, Mayalise, Ann, Veronique, Ingrid, Claire, Jacques, in front of the entire Western canon, and then some.)

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, your family is wonderful. So are your dreadlocks.
    When will you come visit me in Tours?

    ReplyDelete